This is a stunning enamel and diamond brooch in a navette shape from the 19th century (early Victorian). The vivid blue of the Guilloche enamel provides a spectacular backdrop for 53 rose cut and old mine cut diamonds.
It has all the bells and whistles, very good original antique condition, bright and sparkling, the reverse contains a glazed compartment lined with silk, and its original brooch fittings. Very wearable as is, but it would also make a lovely pendant or stunning ring. Many of the rings you see in this style are in fact brooch ring conversions (whether converted historically or more recently).
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces.
Dimensions & Details:
- The brooch tests as 14/15ct gold with the diamond set in silver topped gold (a technique used to give yellow gold a white look, but preserves the strength of the gold).
- The brooch is set with Rose Cut and Old Mine Cut diamonds. Overall, they are bright and full of sparkle, a few have a slight amber hue.
- It measures approximately 1.75 inches or 44 mm by just under 1/2 of an inch or 12 mm.
Period & Hallmarks:
- Victorian 19th century.
- Tests as 14/15ct gold.
- The brooch is in very good antique condition with general wear and some surface scratches (not visible without magnification).
- The enamel is in excellent condition (no chips).
- The clasp is in good working condition.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.