This is the kind of piece that is the hallmark of Sugar et Cie's philosophy - The Modern Heirloom. We love finding pretty one-of-a-kind pieces that not only demonstrate the quality of craftsmanship from a by-gone era, but that also fit seamlessly into today's aesthetic.
This locket, from the Victorian period, is made from 18 ct gold and has a lovely buttery yellow patina.
The engraved Victorian monogram ("ER" or "RE") is a piece of art. From the shading and diagonal stripes on the initial E, the to the tiny dots or nail heads on the initial R. It can be worn with a variety of chains in a number of ways.
Keep it simple and pair it with a modern chain. Or, wear it with a long guard chain wrapped around your neck multiple times and make it your statement necklace.
This locket is as substantial as it looks and its beauty is not just skin deep. It weighs in at a hefty 13.3 grams.
Details & Dimensions
- The locket is 28 mm or a little more than 1 1/8 inches in diameter.
- The locket is 18 ct gold.
- England (and purchased in England).
Period & Hallmarks
- 19th c.
- Marked "18 CT" on the inside bottom rim and also tests as 18 ct gold.
- The locket is in good antique condition with general surface wear/surface scratches (visible with magnification), a few small pin point size dings and a small surface scratch of the reverse (see images). The locket opens and closes securely and properly.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.