This 14 Kt gold heart locket must have been a very special Love Token gifted around the turn of the century. What makes this heart locket covetable? It is larger than most and has a lovely soft and rich bloomed gold finish.
Antique gold heart lockets in good condition and in this size are becoming harder to find. One side is plain, the other side has the beautifully engraved initials: JN.
It is a very versatile piece that would look elegant on a delicate gold chain or chic and modern on a chunky silver watch chain. The simple gold chain shown in the images is available. Please contact us.
Details & Dimensions
- The locket is 1 3/4 inches long by 1 1/2 inches at its widest point.
- The locket is 14K gold.
- The reverse has beautifully hand-engraved monogram: initials JN.
- Thought to be American.
Period & Hallmarks
- late 19th c./early 20th c.
- Marked 14K and tests as 14K.
- The locket is in very good antique condition with general light surface wear/surface scratches (visible only with magnification). It has the original interior photo frames. The locket opens and closes securely and properly. The locket opens and closes securely. The closure is tight and a little challenging to open.
How to Care for a Bloomed Gold Finish
Do not use a chemical cleaner on a Bloomed Gold Finish as you risk changing the patina. Only use a wet soft cloth for a gentle cleaning.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.