This is a delicate vintage diamond bracelet with an openwork plaque and flexible gold links. The diamond plaque is the centerpiece of the bracelet and contains rose cut and Old European cut diamonds. A few of the diamonds have a slight champagne tint.
The bracelet may be one original piece, but it possible that it is a combination of a diamond plaque (circa 1920/30) with a 14 kt gold bracelet from a slightly later date (circa 1940's). The bracelet is comprised of links that are joined together with a hidden spring mechanism that allows for some flexibility. The total length is approximately 6 1/4.
Its delicate look and old-cut diamonds would make it a beautiful addition to your jewelry wardrobe on your wedding day. If you are looking for a soft glow and sparkle, rose cuts and Old European Cuts are lovely in candlelight.
Dimensions & Details
- The bracelet is approximately 6 1/4 inches in length. The bracelet is .6 of an inch at the widest point of the plaque and the links are .1 of an inch in width.
- The links are 14 kt yellow gold with a rhodium plating to give it a bright silver-white color which is a common practice even today.
- The central plaque (which most likely dates to an earlier period) contains approximately one carat of rose cut and Old European cut diamonds and is set in a palladium topped, 18 kt gold.
- Not known
Period & Hallmarks
- Central plaque: Thought to be circa 1920's/30's.
- Link bracelet: Thought to be circa 1940's.
- It is in good vintage condition. There is some wearing to the rhodium plating at the edges of the links of the bracelet with a few traces of the yellow gold showing through.
- The diamonds range in color. The majority are white, but a few have a slight champagne hue. The diamonds have inclusions that are visible via magnification.
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces.