We love the idea of a Pocket Watch as a statement pendant. This is an antique, heart-shaped pocket watch in a 15 Kt gold case. It is what is an open face pocket watch. One side shows the case, gold engraved with flowers. The other side, the dial of the watch.
The details on the dial, (although hard to see without magnification) are exquisite, evidence of the quality of the piece. The dial is white enamel with black roman numerals. The roman numerals have gold circles around them and there is a small circle of gold stars at the center. The hands are in blue. We've paired it with a long gold Guard Chain (available in our Necklaces & Chains Collection).
Dimensions & Details of the Pocket Watch
- The case is 15 Kt gold with a white enamel dial. It measures 1 1/4 inches from North to South and approximately 1.1 inches from East to West.
- Not Known.
Period & Hallmarks
- Believed to be 19th C.
- Inside movement circa 1940's. The work was well done and the movement is 17 jewels.
- The pocket watch is in good antique condition with general wear and some surface scratches (not visible without magnification).
- The pocket watch is in working condition, but has not been serviced recently.
- There is a hairline crack in the dial, near the VII. It has been there for quite some time. It is not eye visible (it cannot be seen without the aid of magnification) and therefore doesn't take away from the aesthetics of the piece.
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces. Do not submerge this item in liquid and keep away from moisture in general.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.