This elegant gold band is the perfect backdrop for the sparkling white Old European Cut sitting at its center.
These rings are called "Gypsy Rings," which refers to the way the diamond is flush set or gypsy set into the gold. The stone is dropped into a hole which is cut specifically to fit the dimensions of the stone and then pushed into place. The stone sits flush with the surface. It is held in place by the tension between the metal and the stone. This setting is currently popular because of its clean, minimalist look. It can be seen in both antique and modern jewelry.
This pretty sparkler would be lovely as a wedding band or a stacking ring. Stack it with other gold and gemstone bands.
Dimensions & Details:
- The ring is 14 K gold.
- Old European cut diamond: .2 carat.
- The ring size is U.S.: 7 3/4. This ring can be sized.
Period & Hallmarks
- Early 20th century. Circa 1920/30.
- Hallmarks are rubbed. Appears to be Austro Hungarian hallmarks for 585/14K gold.
- Tests as 14K.
- The ring is in good antique condition, with general wear that one would expect in a piece of this age. There is no eye visible damage.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.