This elongated bar brooch has nine emerald-cut emeralds and 18 diamonds, mounted in white gold over yellow gold, circa 1930's. The pin's Art Deco geometric pattern and millegrained edges, make it especially appealing.
A great pin that can be worn to add sparkle to a black jacket, or pinned to your veil or dress as part of your bridal jewelry suite on your wedding day.
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces.
Dimensions & Details
- The pin/brooch is 60 mm or 2.3 inches long and 2 mm wide.
- The pin is comprised of square-cut emeralds and diamonds (a transitional brilliant cut which is a pre-cursor to the modern day brilliant cut diamond).
- The gems are set in white gold over yellow gold. The yellow gold tests as 14 ct.
- Not known, but purchased in England. Most likely English or Continental.
Period & Hallmarks
- Circa 1930's, no marks.
- It is good condition. It has a few surface scratches that one would expect to see on a vintage piece.