It's hard to imagine that this pair of sparkling pearl and diamond pins were used to keep lingerie straps in place, because they far too pretty to be hidden. Sometimes worn underneath and sometimes worn visibly, like many things that start out with a practical purpose, they become more elaborate and embellished over time.
Because double clip brooches and lingerie pins can be used in so many different ways, they have become quite sought after. Circa 1910/20, this pair is made in platinum. They are set with alternating diamonds and pearls.
There are endless way to wear these pins. Grouped together with others on a jacket's lapel, one on each dress strap, on the end of a shirt collar or cuff. They can be pinned to almost anything or in any place to add luminescence and sparkle.
Dimensions & Details
- Each pin/brooch is made of platinum and is set with pearls and diamonds.
- Each pin measures approximately 32 mm by 3 mm.
- Not known.
Period & Hallmarks
- Late Edwardian/Early Art Deco, circa 1910/20.
- Platinum (tested).
- They are in very good vintage condition with general wear.
- The clasps are in good working condition and close securely.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.