Antique: Victorian Gold & Pearl "Half Hoop" Bangle Bracelet
What we love about this Victorian bangle is its simplicity. The gold gallery, separated into individual squares, surrounds 15 graduated pearls covering the front half of the bracelet.
To the Victorians, the gems utilized in a particular piece were sometimes equally, if not more important than the design. Gems were used to convey a particular sentiment or sometimes even spelled out a name or message. Pearls symbolized innocence and purity, but could also symbolize falling tears.
This is the latest addition to our jeweled bangle collection. Victorian women often wore several stacked on each wrist. Start with one or two and add to your collection as you find the ones you love. See our pairing to the left.
Dimensions & Details: Victorian Pearl Bangle
- The bracelet is oval in shape. It is approximately 2.4 inches in length by 2.1 inches in width and should fit a wrist up to 6 3/4 inches in circumference (possibly slightly larger).
- 14/15 ct gold (tested).
- The bangle is gold with 15 pearls graduated in sized from 2.8 mm to 1.9 mm in diameter.
Period & Hallmarks
- Late Victorian/Early Edwardian.
- It is in good antique condition with a some slight bends in the bars that make up the back of the bracelet.
- The pearls have a nice even color and are well matched.
- The clasp opens smoothly and snaps closed securely.
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review