This is an antique Victorian Long Chain, also called a Guard chain or Muff Chain, and is comprised of Rose Gold links. The patina of antique gold has a warm, rich glow. The links are designed to be reflective, creating a soft sparkle as they catch the light.
The length, 57 inches, makes it possible to wear the chain in many different ways single, double, or triple. The dog clip makes it possible to continually and easily change the pendants and charms you wear with it.
Dimensions & Details
- The chain is 9 ct gold.
- The chain is 54 inches long.
- The necklace weighs 26.6 grams.
- Note the dog clip is fixed and does not swivel.
- England (and purchased in England).
Period & Hallmarks
- Late Victorian, circa 1880.
- Marked "9 C" on the dog /watch clip. Both the Chain and watch clip test as 9 ct. gold.
- It is in good antique condition. There are signs of wear and use commensurate with age. The dog clip opens closes securely.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces.