This turn of the century (circa 1900) antique 9 ct gold link bracelet is chunky and rosy. When an object is all gold, the hue and the patina matters and this one is quite pretty. It's heavier than most at 25 grams (padlock & chain).
These curb link bracelets go with everything and the chain and lock are interchangeable. You can wear other locks with this bracelet and you can wear the padlock as a closure for other necklaces and bracelets, or dangling from a chain as a charm.
Historically a gift to a sweetheart, it still makes the perfect love token. The finishing touch? Think about adding a rose gold or white gold key studded with diamond pave. Other charms can be added easily.
CUSTOMIZE IT! We can have our engraver (who engraves by hand) add an initial, monogram, or a date. Just ask and we will provide a quote.
Dimensions & Details
- The bracelet is just over 11 mm in width between 1/3 and 1/2 of an inch, and approximately 7 1/2 inches in length. It is shown on a wrist that is approximately 6 inches circumference. We can always size it down by removing links if you like.
- The bracelet has a safety chain.
- The heart padlock measures 1 inch by 2/3 inch (at widest point).
- All 9 ct. rose gold.
- Most likely England (purchased in England).
Period & Hallmarks
- Late 19th c./early 20th c. Most likely circa 1900 Edwardian.
- Each individual link on the bracelet is marked 9 ct. The padlock is not marked but tests as 9 ct. Last oval link marked 9 Ct. FULL.
- The bracelet is in good antique condition. There are signs of wear and use commensurate with age. There is surface scratching and a few minor pin prick dings to the gold which is visible via magnification, but not eye visible.
- The heart padlock opens and closes properly and securely. There are no dents or dings to the heart padlock.
The box is of the same period, but not original to the bracelet (for display purposes only). We will pack your purchase beautifully, ready to present or gift to yourself or someone else.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.