Antique Long Chain: 18k Yellow-Gold, 60"
This extra-long, link chain is stunning. It is from what the Europeans call the Belle Époque period (and what the English call Edwardian). The chain is 18k, but the color is so rich that it looks like it is 20 or 22k.
This extremely fine chain is hand-made of alternating geometric oblong and round links. The closure is a watch clip and spring ring.
Because of its length, a little over 60 inches, it can be worn in many different ways. You can wear it tripled, doubled, or as one extremely long chain. The possibilities are endless.
Dimensions & Details
- The necklace is 18k gold, marked 750, acid tested.
- The necklace weighs 27.8 grams.
- A little over 60" or 152 cm.
- Continental, most likely Belgian and purchased in Belgium.
Period & Hallmarks
- Belle Époque. Early 20th c. Circa 1900/1920.
- Marked 750.
- It is in very good antique condition. The watch clip open and spring ring open and close securely.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces.