Antique Victorian Era Diamond Monogram Pendant/Brooch, 15ct gold, 1 3/4"
This stunning pendant/brooch was probably the centerpiece of some fabulous 19th c. jewel. A rivière necklace perhaps?
The monogram is comprised of the letters "J" "M" "B", with the letter "B" as the most prominent. Each letter is set with a combination of old cut diamonds and rose cut diamonds in 15ct gold topped with silver.
It is currently a brooch and pendant. If you want to wear it as a pendant only, the brooch fittings could be removed. It has it's original pendant attachment to which we have added a bail to make it even easier to wear as a pendant. It slides down and tucks away when you want to wear it as a brooch.
Dimensions & Details
- The length is 1.75 inches or 44 mm.
- The width is 1.12 or 30mm.
- 15ct gold topped with silver. The bail is in 14k gold.
- The brooch has a "C" clasp fitting.
- Purchased in England and thought to be English.
Period & Hallmarks
- Victorian, 19th c.
- Tests as 14/15ct gold.
- The brooch/pendant is in good antique condition, with general wear that one would expect in a piece of this age. Some small chips and abrasions to the diamonds.
How to care for your antique diamond jewelry - The darkened patina comes from the silver oxidizing over time. This is part of the charm of the piece. Jewelers today plate pieces with black rhodium to mimic this look. If you want to keep the patina, do not clean with chemicals. It is best to use a soft damp cloth.
The diamonds are closed back. It is probably fine if it gets a tiny accidental sprinkle of water, but do not soak the piece in water or chemical cleaner. Water can get behind the setting and could cause discoloration.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.