This is what French jewelry craftsmanship is all about. This antique equestrian sporting themed piece is from the late 19th c. and is crafted from 18 kt gold. True equestrian elegance!
The detailed hand engraving changes from a pattern that depicts a looping gold braid at the bottom to a coiled rope at the top. At its center, is a horseshoe studded with sparkling old cut diamonds and sapphires.
This one-of-a-kind jewel has a number of unique design elements. The horseshoe at the center has three gems on one side with a cap at the end and four gems on the other. This kind of attention to detail is the hallmark of the an artist.
Wear it as a pin or turn it into a necklace (horizontally) or consider wearing it vertically and hanging other charms from the loop.
Dimensions & Details:
- The length of the brooch is just approximately 2.1 inches in length by 3/4 of an inch at the widest.
- The metal is 18 kt gold (tested).
- Set with 3 old cut diamonds and 4 old cut sapphires.
Period & Hallmarks
- Late 19th c./early 20th c.
- Not marked.
- The brooch is in good antique condition. There are no condition issues except some minor surface cracking on the pearl (visible with magnification). If this is a concern, we can replace the pearl prior to sending it out with a similar pearl (white, round, 4mm cultured).
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.