This stunning sparkler, studded with 3.55 carats of old cut diamonds, started its life out as a brooch. We personally oversaw its conversion to a pendant. The diamonds are comprised of European and Swiss cut diamonds. The color ranges from H/I/J and the clarity ranges from VS1-SI2 set in 18K gold.
Why We Love This Diamond Star Necklace Pendant
What makes this a standout piece? The style of the star and the explosion of sparkle and fire seems modern, so at first glance you may not realize that it's antique.
It's the details that tell the story: the old cut diamonds, the slight curve of the star's rays and lastly the beauty in the hand cut gallery on the sides and the À Jour on the reverse side of the pendant.
These are the details that demonstrate the quality and craftsmanship of the piece and that would be extremely costly if it were to be recreated today.
Dimensions & Details
- 18k yellow-gold (tested).
- The stones show very bright and white.
- Hand fabricated.
- Width and Height: approximately 1 1/4 or 31mm (not including the length of the bail).
- Set with European Cut Diamonds and Swiss Cut diamonds.
- Total carat weight: 3.55.
- Central stone details: European Cut, Carat Weight .65, Clarity VS1, Color I.
- Sourced from Italy.
Period & Hallmarks
- Circa 1890/1910.
- The brooch/pendant is in good antique condition, with general wear and surface scratches that one would expect in a piece of this age. There are no condition issues.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.