Antique: Diamond Brooch, European Cut Diamonds Set in a Geometric Motif
A generous 3 1/4 inches in length, this long statement brooch will add sparkle and flash to any place it is pinned. It is set throughout with European cut and Rose cut diamonds. Circa 1890-1910, this silver over 14 kt gold has a geometric pattern. The central diamonds are bezel set with a millegrain edge, the Rose cut diamonds are prong set, the rest of the decorative metal work is also millegrained. The millegrain was done by hand and is a time intensive process.
It's the perfect piece to add sparkle to the waistline of a dress, the lapel of a jacket or ask us about converting to a barrette to wear in your hair. See one of our examples here and more ideas to spark your imagination here.
Dimensions & Details
- The brooch/pin is 3 1/4 inches in length and over 1/2 inches in width (at the widest point).
- The central larger diamonds are European cut and the smaller ones are Rose cuts. The diamonds are set in set in silver over 14 kt gold (tested), the brooch has a trombone clasp. The brooch findings are 10 kt gold (tested).
- The center stone is 5 mm in diameter. The total diamond carat weight is approximately 1.75 cts.
- Purchased in France and believed to be French in origin.
Period & Hallmarks
- Circa 1890-1910.
- Maker's Mark (unidentified).
- The piece is in very good antique condition with general wear and abrasions that you would expect to see in a piece of this age. The stones are bright and lively with some inclusions.
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review