Antique: Black Enamel & Gold Bangles in 14 Kt, A Pair
We were fortunate to come across these unique, possibly one-of-a kind, pair of delicate black enamel and gold bangles. Its harder to find a pair, as they were often separated and passed down to the daughters in a family.
The body of the bangle has black enamel stripes, applied to the 14 Kt gold. The border has been hand-engraved in a foliage type pattern. Even the push down lever has been engraved. The patina of the antique gold, a warm yellow hue with perhaps the slightest hint of rose.
Dimensions & Details
- The bangles test as 14 Kt gold.
- The internal diameter is 2 inches by 1.67 inches. The bangles should fit a wrist of 6 inches or smaller in circumference. The width is 1/4 inch.
- Each has a safety chain.
- Most likely U.S.
Period & Hallmarks
- Thought to be Victorian Late 19th c./ possibly early 20th c.
- Not hallmarked.
- They are in good antique condition. There are signs of wear and use commensurate with age. There is surface scratching to the gold and enamel, which is visible via magnification, but not eye visible. There are no dents or dings on the outside, there is one small ding on the inside that is surface and does not show to the outside.
- The hinge has slight play, but the push tab, tongue and groove clasp opens and closes securely.
The box is of the same period, but not original to the bangles (for display purposes only).
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review