Gothic Initial Pendant in Gold with Deep Pink Sapphires
An initial pendant in 14 kt rose gold set with sparkling deep pink sapphires by Sugar et Cie. Approximately, 3/4 inch by 3/4 inch.
Our 14 kt gold and sapphire initial charm pendant in Gothic script, is a modern take on Sentimental Jewelry from the 19th century. Inspired by the Georgian and Victorian periods, this is our version of the jeweled letter. It was worn as a slide on a silk or velvet ribbon to remind the wearer of a loved one.
Choose your letter and the color of sapphires in either a deep vibrant pink or a pale pink (more options to come). Our gems are set in solid 14 kt rose gold (white and yellow gold are special order options). Additional special order options include diamonds (clarity: VS and color: G-H, more information below). Each one is made to order in the U.S. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
Create Your Own Monogram (technically a cipher) or Aide de Memoire
Our letters are large enough to be worn by themselves, but you can create a vertical monogram by combining letters: wear one initial, per chain, at varying lengths.
Or, create an Aide de Memoire by wearing an initial or combination of initials representing loved ones: you and your significant other, the first initial of your children, your siblings, your pets. Any combination is possible for any occasion (Valentine's Day, Engagement, Graduation, Birthday, Wedding Day).
Dimensions & Details
- Pink sapphires set in 14 kt rose gold. Sapphire carat weight ranges from approximately 1/2 carat to 1 carat depending upon the design of the particular letter.
- Each letter is approximately 3/4 of an inch, by approximately 3/4 of an inch (width varies depending upon the individual letter), by 1.3 mm in depth.
How It Works
- Pendant: Place your order one letter at a time. Choose the color of sapphires. If you wish to purchase one of our matching chains in 14 kt rose gold, choose either 16, 18, or 20 inches in length. If you plan to order multiple letters, add a chain for each pendant.and select a different length for each chain.
- Delivery Time: Allow 4 to 6 Weeks. We take great care in providing you with a piece that is carefully and artfully made to order.
- Our letters are individually cast and each stone is hand set, all in the U.S.
Bespoke - Custom Options
- White and Yellow 14 kt Gold: This option is considered a custom order. The delivery time will still fall into the 4 to 6 week time frame. There is no additional fee for choosing white or yellow gold. However, this option is considered a custom order and as such is not returnable. We have 14 kt yellow and white gold chains to match. Please email us and specify the letter(s) and the color of gold that you are interested in prior to purchasing.
- Diamond: This option requires a price quote. Please email us and specify the letter(s) that you are interested in purchasing so that we can provide you with a price for this option. The diamonds are VS in clarity, and G-H in color range. The delivery time will still fall into the 4 to 6 week time frame. This is considered a custom order and as such is not returnable.
About Sentimental Jewelry
Sentimental Jewelry, in England and throughout the continent, was fashionable from the late 1700's through the late 1800's. The display of love though jewelry took many forms: rings that spelled out words of love via the pattern of gemstones, pendants with a picture of a lover's eye, jeweled initials, or brooches with symbols of love (a lover's knot, heart and crown, snake with a tail in its mouth).
Upon becoming engaged, it was exceedingly popular for some personal memento, such as a lock of hair or a miniature portrait, to be exchanged. This way when faced with a long separation (war, travel, or even death), a loved one could instantly feel just a bit closer.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review