Antique: Silver Victorian Bangle Bracelet With Corset Design "The Corset Bangle"Add to Wishlist
A Victorian, sterling silver bangle in a in a corset or laced-cuff design is difficult to find. Adding to the desirability of this particular example, is its quality and detail. Actual silver cord is laced through the holes.
It is engraved on the front half of the bracelet and plain on the other half, which was typical of that period. This is a unique piece that you are unlikely to see on anyone else. We haven’t!
Dimensions & Details: Victorian Silver Bangle
- The height is an inch at the narrowest point in the back of the bracelet and a little over 1.6 inches at the widest point in the front.
- The inside diameter is 60.1 mm / 2.37 inches in length by 44.2 mm / 1.74 inches in width.
- It will fit a wrist 6 1/2 inches in diameter or smaller.
Period & Hallmarks
- Stamped: Sterling Silver, "N", and other mark that is worn and difficult to identify.
- The bracelet is in good antique condition. It is over 100 years old and has signs of wear and use commensurate with its age (some small scratches and dings). The push-in, tongue and groove closure fits securely.
If you are interested in reading more about the jewelry terms or decorative periods referenced throughout our site, visit our Resources section for additional information.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review