Converted Antique 14 Ct Gold Diamond & Sapphire Crescent Pendant on 14 Ct Gold Chain
We've carefully converted this beautifully crafted, Victorian period, crescent moon from brooch to pendant/chain necklace. When we spotted these sparkling Sapphires in a color best described as blue velvet, we new we wanted to incorporate them into this crescent to create a bit of celestial heaven.
Originally all pearls, we swapped out the pearls for Sapphires and Diamonds: just over 1/2 carat of Sapphires and just over 1/2 carat of Old Mine Cut Diamonds. At each end, are four of the petite seed pearls.
As always, the quality of the piece can be seen in details. Take a close look at craftsmanship of the gallery that supports each individually set sapphire and diamond, crafted in 14 ct. gold.
We've paired it with the perfect chain. It is our "Go-To" for conversions, or any pendant where a lighter look is desired. The chain links are solid (not hollow) 14 Kt gold, rolo style. The solid gold structure of the links provides strength, but it still reads delicate. It has a convertible chain which can be worn at 16 inches and 14 1/4 inches. Perfect for layering with your other chains and necklaces. Visit our blog to read more about how we approach antique conversions.
Dimensions & Details: Crescent Moon Pendant
- Both the pendant and the chain are 14 Ct gold (tested).
- The length of the pendant is just under 2 inches or 50 mm.
- It is a 1.1 mm rolo chain. The length of the overall necklace is just under 16 inches (can be clasped at 14 1/4 inches as well).
- The crescent contains .57 carats of sapphires and .57 old cut diamonds.
- Pendant: England.
- Chain: U.S.
Period & Hallmarks
- Crescent: 19th c. No hallmarks.
- Chain: New.
- The brooch/pendant is in good antique condition, with general wear that one would expect in a piece of this age. There is light wear and tear, but no eye visible damage.
Find out how to care for your collection of antique and modern jewels: visit our Jewelry Care page to get advice on maintaining and storing your treasured pieces. One should always be gentle and take extra precautions when cleaning antique jewelry. Clean pearl jewelry with a soft, untreated cloth. Do not clean with chemicals or dip in a cleaning solution.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review