Antique: 18 kt. Gold Pocket Watch Pendant Studded with Lustrous Pearls
This one is a stunner! It's the perfect size to wear dangling from a short watch chain necklace or from a longer guard chain. Case side out: is set with pave set half pearls in an alternating large and small pattern. It looks like a locket or pendant. You can also wear it watch side out for a second look.
This is an open-face, pocket watch in 18 kt gold from 19th century France. This is a true piece of work inside and out, combining the art of the master watch makers in Switzerland (the movement) and the artisan jewelers of France (the case). How did they manage to set so many tiny pearls so perfectly?
Wear it with a long guard chain wrapped around your neck multiple times and make it your statement necklace.
Details & Dimensions
- The watch is 28 mm or 1.1 inches in diameter.
- The watch is 18 kt gold set with half pearls. It is possible that they are natural due to the time period of the watch but, since this cannot be verified without a lab test we will call them cultured.
- The dial is white, with black Arabic numerals, and blue steel hands.
- The watch is in working condition and has a 13 jewel movement.
- The case is French, the movement is Swiss.
Period & Hallmarks
- Late 19th c./early 20th c. Circa 1890/1900.
- Marked 18 K on the inside case and eagles head on the bow.
- Maker's Mark: SJG or SG with a watch key symbol in the middle.
- Case serial No. 80149.
- The pocket watch is in good antique condition with general wear, but no specific condition issues. One possible pearl (very small pearl) on the non watch side. The watch is currently working, but we are not watchmakers and do not provide a warranty. We sell them as beautiful pieces of jewelry.
Outside of the U.S.? Please contact us for a shipping quote.
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review